How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for failed council risk assessments

    Risk assessments are all about identifying measures to control workplace risks, and they should be carried out when new projects or tasks are undertaken where hazards are present. Identifying these hazards is one of the most important parts of carrying out a risk assessment. Hazards could include anything from uncovered roof lights which could cause a fall from height to toxic chemicals used in the workplace.

    There are three steps to any risk assessment:

    • Identify hazards
    • Think about who may be harmed – for example, who is most at risk?
    • Evaluate the risks – how likely is it that they will occur and what can you do about it?

    Employers should think about whether or not the hazard in question can be eliminated. If not, they must identify ways to reduce the risk of an accident occurring. All risk assessment findings should be recorded in writing and HSE provides a template for businesses to use. A written record will be important in the event an accident occurs and a claim for personal injury is launched. Risk assessments should be regularly reviewed and if failed council risk assessments have led to an accident and subsequent injury, the council could be held liable.

    Have you been injured at work?

    If you have been injured whilst working for your local council and believe that failed council risk assessments are to blame for your accident, you could take action and make a claim for personal injury compensation. The amount of compensation you receive will take into account your pain and suffering, as well as any financial losses you have experienced as a result of your injuries, such as medical expenses or loss of earnings. You’ll need to contact a personal injury lawyer to discuss the circumstances surrounding your accident – they’ll be able to tell you whether or not you have a viable claim.

    Compensation for workplace injuries

    Being injured at work can seriously impact your life – you may be unable to return to work which could impact your family financially. Accident Advice Helpline is here to help you. We realise how serious an accident at work can be and we’re on hand to offer confidential, no-obligation advice. Just call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 today to find out more about the service we offer. Our team of professional personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so you don’t even need to worry about upfront fees.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: May 11, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.