How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for council staff safety failures

    If you work for your local council, you could be employed in a variety of different roles, from teaching at a local school to working on construction sites or for the environmental health department. Accidents have the potential to happen in any job, at any time, and you’re more at risk of being injured in a workplace accident if health and safety procedures aren’t in place to protect you, or are not followed. Council staff safety failures could lead to serious injury which could leave you suffering and unable to return to work – this obviously impacts not just you but also your family, both emotionally and financially.

    Here are a few examples of the most common types of accidents which could occur due to council staff safety failures:

    • Needle stick injuries – where proper PPE is not provided to staff working with waste
    • Injured after a fall from height – for example where edge guards are not used to protect workers on a roof
    • Slip on a wet floor in a school, where no warning signs were displayed
    • Struck by a car whilst working on road construction – perhaps because no safety barriers were in place

    These are just a few examples and there are hundreds of other types of accidents which could happen whilst working for the council.

    Keeping you safe at work

    It’s your employer’s responsibility to ensure that they take steps to keep you safe at work; if they fail to do so, they could be held liable for your injuries. However you have been injured, if somebody else is to blame for your accident, you may be eligible to claim personal injury compensation, provided it has been three years or less since your accident. Why not contact a personal injury lawyer, to find out if claiming is an option that’s open to you – after all, why should you suffer in silence?

    Trust us to help you

    You can trust Accident Advice Helpline – we’ve been in the personal injury industry since 2000 and since then we have helped hundreds of customers claim compensation for accidents at work. You can call our 24/7 freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 to find out more about the claims process and receive confidential, no-obligation advice. We work on a 100% no win, no fee** basis, so fees are the last thing you need to worry about; we just want to help you get the compensation you’re entitled to.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: May 11, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.