Many of us enjoy a trip to the water park in the summer. Whizzing down slides and splashing around can be fun, but there may also be a risk of injuries. If you’ve had a slip, trip or fall in a public place, such as a water park, you may be able to make a public liability claim.
What kinds of accidents can occur at the water park?
There are various different types of accident, which may occur at a water park. If you are visiting a water park with family or friends, it’s wise to be wary of these potential hazards:
- Slips and trips on wet floors around the pool
- Slippery floors in changing rooms
- Injuries caused by hitting the water at speed after going down a slide
If you’re visiting a water park, make sure you follow these safety instructions to reduce the risk of injuries:
- Never run around the pool
- Wear arm bands and keep to shallow areas if you are not a strong swimmer
- Watch out for obstacles lying around, such as clothing and goggles
- Wait for one person to exit the slide before you go down
- Pay attention to advice from life guards and read warning signs
- Ensure that children are supervised at all times
Can I claim compensation for an accident at a water park?
If you’ve been injured in a public place such as a water park, you may wish to claim compensation. If you’ve had an accident in the last three years, which wasn’t your fault, you may have a case for compensation.
Public liability compensation is awarded in cases where an individual is injured as result of negligence on behalf of the firm or authority managing the facility. An example case study may involve somebody slipping on a wet floor at the entrance of the water park, which wasn’t marked.
Accident Advice Helpline
If you can prove that you were not at fault for your injuries and you would like to take advantage of expert advice, call Accident Advice Helpline today.
We have over 15 years’ experience in handling personal injury claims and we can eliminate all the stress of the claims process. Our firm is endorsed by consumer rights campaigner, Dame Esther Rantzen and we have established a reputation for professionalism and reliability.
Call our friendly advisors now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.