How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What are the most common injuries that occur abroad?

    Suffering an injury when on holiday abroad can do more than just ruin your dream getaway. An injury abroad can leave long-lasting emotional and physical scars. Hopefully you can avoid some of the most common injuries that occur abroad by remaining alert and taking adequate precautions.

    Road traffic accidents

    Road traffic collisions can occur at any place and at any time. The risk of being involved in a road traffic accident increases when travelling abroad, especially if you are renting a car or driving abroad in your own car. Being unfamiliar with local traffic laws or accident black spots seriously increases your risk of being involved in a car accident.

    Slips, trips & falls

    Slips, trips & falls are the single most common accidents that can occur both abroad and at home in the UK. Slipping or tripping is the single biggest cause of personal injury claims and one which we at Accident Advice Helpline are more than familiar with. Ensure you wear proper footwear with adequate grip to prevent the chances of slipping or tripping, especially in wet areas such as around the pool at your hotel if there is one.

    Food poisoning

    Trying out new cuisine can be a culinary delight which tantalises the senses. Unfortunately, many people complain of having contracted food poisoning when abroad, usually as the result of a dish that hasn’t been correctly prepared or tainted produce used when cooking. If online reviews are available, these may be a handy guide when choosing somewhere to eat when abroad.

    Allergic reactions

    It’s important to bring any allergy medication with you when travelling abroad. Any change in the local flora and fauna or even changes in the atmosphere could trigger a severe allergic reaction which may require medical attention.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Have you been injured abroad and someone else was to blame? You could be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Accident Advice Helpline can help you make a claim for travel accident compensation, even if your accident occurred outside the UK.  We can’t help you though if you don’t reach out to us first. Make sure your voice is heard. Call us on free phone 0800 689 0500 for more information. Lines are open 24/7 and are staffed by friendly, competent advisors who won’t place you under any obligation to proceed with a claim.

    Date Published: December 9, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.