Netball is a frantic and fast-paced team sport. While playing indoor netball has many advantages for your fitness and social life, it can also pose a risk of injury.
If you play indoor netball on a regular basis, you should be aware of potential risks. Try to avoid accidents such as slips, trips and falls, and take care to let injuries heal before you start playing again.
Indoor netball accidents
Although netball is a non-contact sport, it is possible for accidents and injuries to occur. Common accidents, which may occur when playing indoor netball include:
- Slips and trips on polished surfaces
- Sprains, strains, tears and dislocations caused by turning or switching direction quickly
- Bruises caused by falls and contact with the ball
- Shoulder injuries caused by the throwing action, this may include repetitive strain injuries and stress fractures, which may result from overuse
- Injuries caused by collisions between players
- Finger injuries caused by catching the ball
Are indoor netball injuries preventable?
Sometimes, it’s impossible to prevent sports accidents, but often, it is possible to reduce your risk of getting injured. Here are just some of the ways you can avoid injuries when playing netball indoor netball:
- Wear suitable footwear; make sure your trainers offer support for your ankles, they fit properly and they offer grip
- Always warm up thoroughly before you start playing
- Cool down and stretch after every training session and competitive match
- Play by the rules
- Use the correct throwing and catching techniques
When is a netball accident somebody else’s fault?
In many cases, you play sport at your own risk. However, if you’ve been injured playing organised sport and you were not at fault, you may be eligible to claim compensation.
If injuries occurred as a result of a poor supervision, damaged flooring or defective equipment, for example, the individual or company in charge of running the event should claim liability.
Get in touch
If you’ve been injured playing netball in the last three years, and you believe you have a case for public liability compensation, call Accident Advice Helpline to find out more.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers could help you to claim the public place accident payout you deserve with minimal stress. We take care of everything, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Call us now on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: April 29, 2016
Author: Accident Advice