How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Common accidents at the pub

    When you consider accidents at the pub on nights out on the town, it is easy to assume that fault always lies with the personal injury victim. After all, when consuming alcohol, the risk of sustaining injuries does increase.

    Yet, beyond the typical slips, trips and falls that occur when we’’ve had one too many, there are some other common accidents at the pub that you may not have considered.

    What are some common accidents at the pub?

    As well as those little trips out of the pub doorway, some common issues which cause accidents at the pub include, but are not limited to:

    • Poor lighting: slips, trips and falls
    • Broken glass: lacerations and infection
    • Spillages: slips and falls
    • Loose floor tiles or carpeting: trips and falls
    • Trailing wires from bandits: trips and falls
    • Obstacles, such as pool tables or table football: trips and falls

    Can I still claim if I have been drinking alcohol?

    While your alcohol consumption may be partly responsible for any accidents at the pub, if another factor played a part, you could still be entitled to claim personal injury compensation.

    It may be that the third party gives contributory negligence as a defence to the claim made against them. This means that any alcohol consumption on your part must be taken into account. That being said, if an issue still remains, for example, loose floor tiles have caused you to trip and fall, contributory negligence cannot wipe out your entire right to claim compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    As you can see, claiming compensation for accidents in pubs can be tricky ground, which is why it is always best to call in the experts and have a legal team on board who are specialists in personal injury claims.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 15 years’’ experience assisting victims of personal injury in recovering the compensation they deserve for the harm and distress they have been made to endure.

    We understand that every accident is unique, which is why we offer a free initial consultation to all victims of personal injury. During this initial consultation, we can uncover where liability is likely to lie, and your eligibility to claim. This can prove to be extremely helpful for victims of accidents at the pub.

    Getting in touch with us

    For more information, and to receive your free initial consultation, speak with one of our friendly advisors today, via our freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.