How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Common accidents associated with taxis

    Many of us rely on taxis to get around. Taxis tend to be a safe and convenient way to travel, especially in city centres, but there is a risk of road traffic accidents, due to common accidents associated with taxis.

    If you’’ve been involved in an accident on the roads and you believe a taxi driver was to blame, you may be eligible for compensation.

    Common accidents associated with taxis

    Taxis tend to operate in busy and built-up areas where there is a high risk of collisions on the road. Common accidents associated with taxis may include:

    • Cycle accidents
    • Collisions with other cars
    • Accidents involving passengers
    • Accidents involving buses

    Injuries caused by common accidents associated with taxis may range from minor cuts and bruises to serious potentially fatal car crash injuries, including head and spinal injuries. Whiplash is another common injury associated with road accidents.

    Claiming compensation for accidents associated with taxis

    If you’’ve been involved in an accident with a taxi, or you’’ve been injured in a car crash while travelling as a passenger in a taxi and another person was at fault for your injuries, you may be able to make a claim for road accident compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Note down all the details of the incident and the taxi you were either travelling in or hit by; write down the driver details, the operating firm, and the license number. Seek medical assistance for your injuries.

    In some cases, it may take a couple of days for the full effects of the crash to become apparent; if you do develop symptoms later, go back to your doctor.

    What to do next

    If you want to make a claim against a negligent driver, contact Accident Advice Helpline. Provided that the car crash happened in the last three years and you have proof that you were not at fault for your injuries, you should stand a good chance of securing a road accident compensation payout.

    We have over 15 years’ experience in handling car crash claims and our expert lawyers will handle your case with professionalism and diligence.

    We will keep you informed of what is going on and try and process your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our personal injury lawyers work on a no-win, no-fee* basis and the majority of our clients do not have to go to court.

    If you would like to find out if you could claim road accident compensation, call us now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: April 29, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.