How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Most common accident claims: Construction industry

    The construction industry employs around 5% of the UK workforce, yet it accounts for 27% of fatal work injuries. If you’ve had an accident at work and it wasn’t your fault, you may wish to think about claiming compensation.

    What are the most common types of work accident in the construction industry?

    Statistics from the Health and Safety Executive show that there were 74,000 cases of work-related illness among construction workers in 2012 and 1.4 million working days were lost through illness and injury. The most common types of accidents and illnesses included:

    • Slips and trips.
    • Falls from height.
    • Lifting and handling accidents.
    • Being hit by a moving vehicle.
    • Occupational cancer.
    • Occupational deafness and hearing loss.

    Common types of work injury

    Injuries in the construction industry can range from minor, to severe and even life-threatening; in 2012/2013, thirty nine workers were fatally injured. Common types of injury found in construction workers include:

    • Vibration injuries.
    • Hearing loss.
    • Carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive strain injury.
    • Back and neck injuries.
    • Lacerations.

    Working in construction can also increase your risk of chronic health conditions, including certain types of cancer, which are linked with exposure to asbestos, respiratory problems and back pain.

    How do you make a work accident compensation claim?

    If you’ve had an accident at work and you are thinking about claiming compensation, it is best to get advice from a legal expert with experience of personal injury claims. Accident Advice Helpline employs lawyers with expertise in handling a wide range of claims, including work injury compensation, road traffic accident claims and public liability compensation; the legal team does all the hard work for you so you do not experience any stress or worry during the claims process and the majority of clients do not have to attend court proceedings.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What information do I need to make a work injury claim?

    If you think you have a case for compensation, note down all the details of your injury or illness and call Accident Advice Helpline or visit their website to take the 30-second eligibility test. To make a claim, it is beneficial to have information including:

    • The date, time and location of the incident.
    • Details about your injury or illness.
    • Access to medical records.
    • Witness contact details.

    Date Published: February 19, 2014

    Author: David Brown


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.