How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Is a claims process different if I’m claiming for an occurrence that happened overseas?

    Is a claims process different if I’m claiming for an occurrence that happened overseas?

    Accidents can happen at any time and they often occur when you least expect them. If you’ve been involved in an accident at work or you’ve been injured in a travel accident, the Accident Advice Helpline could help you claim personal injury compensation, even for an occurrence that happened overseas.

    Claiming for a travel accident: Do I have a viable claim?

    If you’ve been injured abroad or you’ve been involved in a holiday accident and you weren’t to blame, you may be eligible for compensation. The viability of your claim will depend on whether you booked your holiday as part of a package deal provided by an agent based in the UK and whether you have the evidence to confirm that the travel accident was not your fault. If, for example, you slip or trip on a walkway at a hotel, which was in very poor condition, you could claim, as it is the responsibility of the hotel to maintain their grounds and enforce health and safety measures. In this case you would claim against the tour operator, as they act on behalf of the hotel.

    If you were working abroad and you suffered an injury as a result of your employer’s negligence, you should be able to make a work injury claim against your employer, provided that the company is based in the UK.

    Is the claims process the same for incidents in the UK and abroad?

    Often, travel accident compensation claims can be more complex because the stipulations are stricter; however, the actual process is similar. If you wish to make a claim, it’s a good idea to compile as much evidence as you can at the time of the incident. Take photographs, ask other people to provide statements if they witnessed the accident and arrange to see a doctor so that your injuries can be assessed and details of the consultation can be documented. All incidents should be reported to the owner or a senior member of staff or your employer.

    Once you have gathered information, contact Accident Advice Helpline for advice on 0800 689 0500. If our legal team believes you have a valid case for personal injury compensation, they will take over the hard work for you and help to secure the payout you deserve. Travel accident compensation can help to cover unexpected travel costs, medical fees and loss of earnings, which may result in time lost, off work.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.