How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming for unsafe baby changing facilities which result in injury

    If you’re a parent, your child’s health and safety is your number one priority. When you’re out and about, you shouldn’t have to think about keeping your baby safe when you’re using public facilities. Any shop, supermarket or café that provides facilities for children should comply with guidelines to prevent accidents. If your baby has been injured as a result of using the unsafe baby changing facilities, you may be able to claim compensation for their injuries.

    What should I do if my child has been injured as a result of unsafe baby changing facilities?

    When you take your baby out, you should be able to change them in a safe, secure environment. If there are baby changing facilities on-site, they should meet the relevant safety standards. If your baby sustained injuries after you used the unsafe baby changing facilities, you may be thinking about claiming compensation. Whether you were at a restaurant, a café, a supermarket or any other public building, and you have proof that the accident was caused by negligence on the part of the staff or management, you may have a case for public liability compensation.

    When your baby suffers an injury, the first thing you should always do is seek medical attention. Once you have made sure that the baby is fit and healthy, you can start gathering evidence to support your public liability claim. Take photographs of the baby’s injury and the faulty or damaged equipment, and write down exactly what happened. If anybody else was with you, they can also provide a statement.

    What happens when you make a compensation claim?

    Compensation is awarded to people who have suffered ill health or injury through no fault of their own. In this case, you would be making a claim on behalf of your child who was injured as a result of using unsafe equipment, which was provided for public use. If you decide that you want to make a public liability claim, Accident Advice Helpline is here to make the process as simple as possible for you. When you have provided evidence, our expert injury lawyers will put together a case for your claim, and you can relax in the knowledge that you’re in safe hands. Your legal team will take over the legwork, and they will liaise with you at every stage. It’s uncommon for cases to go to court and we operate solely on a no-win, no-fee* basis.

    To learn more about claiming personal injury compensation, call now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: March 9, 2017

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.