How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim for an industrial disease

    If you suffer as a result of your working environment or practice, it can be reassuring to know that you may claim for an industrial disease.

    How can I claim for an industrial disease?

    Making a claim after suffering an industrial disease is significantly different to claiming after a slip, trip or fall. For a start, the three-year time limit from the incident occurring to the claim being lodged does not apply.

    If you wish to claim for an industrial disease such as asbestosis, then you can go back a number of years when identifying the cause.

    How to claim for an industrial disease – common claims

    The above-mentioned asbestosis is one of the most common industrial diseases that leads to a compensation claim. These days, everyone is fully aware of the dangers of breathing in asbestos particles and fibres, but that wasn’t always the case. Call it carelessness, call it ignorance. Whatever it was, a lack of appreciation of the dangers of asbestos inhalation has resulted in innumerable cases of asbestos poisoning.

    On the more physical side of the industrial illness scale is vibration white finger. Caused by the repeated, prolonged use of vibrating machinery such as pneumatic drills, vibration white finger is a common repetitive strain injury for those who work on construction sites where insufficient care and attention is paid.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Employers, of course, have an obligation to safeguard their employees and minimise risks to their health. On construction sites and other areas where physical, manual labour takes place, this typically includes things like the provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), ensuring regular breaks are taken and manual lifting is done properly.

    If you need help and advice on how to claim for an industrial illness, then it’s important to talk to the experts. At Accident Advice Helpline we have over 16 years’ experience in injury claims. Whether they have arisen from dangers at work, an incident on the road or a slip or fall in a public place, our expert advisors have the knowledge and experience to guide you through the compensation process.

    Our lawyers work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis. Our unique 30-second test will give you a near-instant answer on your eligibility to claim. From there, you can find out more from the expert advisors on the end of our 24-hour hotline, so call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from mobiles.

    Date Published: February 22, 2017

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.