How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    If your child gets injured at a babysitters, can you claim?

    When you put your faith in a qualified childcare provider, you generally leave your child with the peace of mind that they are in capable hands. Although you can expect small accidents such as slips, trips and falls, you generally don’t expect your child to become injured at a babysitters.

    So, what happens when the accident is more than a trip or a fall? Can the childcare service provider be held liable if your youngster is injured at a babysitters?

    Who is to blame if your child is injured at a babysitters?

    A qualified childcare provider has a legal responsibility to ensure the health and safety of the children in their care. This means they must take reasonable action to minimise the risk of your child experiencing an accident or sustaining an injury or illness. This covers all aspects of well-being from accidents such as trips and falls caused by poor housekeeping, to illness such as food poisoning from poorly-stored foods, for example.

    In addition to taking reasonable precautions to provide a safe environment for your child, the childcare provider must also supervise your child while they are under their care.

    If your child has been injured at a babysitters and you believe the childcare provider has not met their legal obligation to protect the health and safety of your child, they could be held liable for the harm your child has suffered.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to claim if your child is injured at a babysitters

    It is always recommended that you seek professional legal advice before proceeding with a personal injury claim of any nature. Cases can become complex, and it is likely that you will need a legal representative to fight your corner.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 15 years’ experience assisting victims of personal injury in recovering the compensation they deserve for the injury or illness they have endured.

    What’s more, we will look through your claim with you, determine whether you have a case likely to succeed if pursued, and advise of the best steps forward.

    Getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline

    For more information, call our free phone number today on 0800 689 0500. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience, and there’s never any pressure to proceed with your claim at any point during the call.

    Date Published: December 9, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.