How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Case study: Most ridiculous claims ever

    Compensation is designed to provide people who have genuinely suffered through no fault of their own with a financial payout. People often say that we live in a compensation culture, but not all claims are upheld, and ridiculous claims are generally thrown out at the first opportunity. Legal firms, such as Accident Advice Helpline, strive to ensure that clients that submit authentic claims for accidents at work and public place slips and trips, are compensated fairly.

    The most ridiculous claims ever

    For some people, compensation may seem like an easy way of making a quick buck, but if you delve deeper into the world of compensation you will quickly find out that there are stringent measures and processes in place to make sure that only genuine claims are successful. Having said that, there are some cases which appear to slip through the loopholes. Here are some examples of the most ridiculous claims ever:

    • The American woman who sued a fast-food chain because her take-away coffee spilled and burned her lap; she was a passenger in a moving car at the time of the incident
    • The teacher who sued their employer after slipping on a chip in the canteen, which was apparently disguised by the colour of the flooring
    • The British woman who took legal action after developing work-related illness due to stress related to a promotion, which she apparently did not want
    • The American man who claimed compensation after suffering injuries as a result of an explosion, which was caused by lighting a cigarette in a toilet in the grounds of a mine. The explosion was caused by a methane leak
    • The London artist who sued after slipping on pigeon faeces

    Do I have a valid claim for compensation?

    The examples above are extreme and most compensation claims relate to road accidents, work accidents and slips, trips and falls, which occurred as a result of negligence on another person’s part. If you’ve been injured at work or you’ve had a public place accident in the last 3 years and you were not to blame, you have a right to claim personal injury compensation.

    To find out if you have a viable no win, no fee* work injury compensation claim, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Accident Advice Helpline employs an expert team of personal injury lawyers, which could help you to claim with minimal stress. Most information is collected over the telephone and the majority of clients do not need to attend court proceedings.

    Date Published: December 9, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.