How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How should caravan park owners protect their visitors?

    Caravan park owners have a lot of responsibility. They are responsible for making sure the grounds are maintained, all of the communal facilities are kept in working order and all the electrics are fully working to avoid any travel accident claims.

    Most owners will have public liability insurance to cover any travel accidents but they still have certain obligations for their visitors in ensuring they have a safe holiday.

    What obligations does a caravan park owner have in order to avoid a travel accident claim being made?

    Caravan park owners must make sure that their property including any public facilities owned by the park are fully functioning. They need to ensure that electric cabling and power supply are working to avoid any nasty electrical travel accidents and they must act responsibly in discouraging any irresponsible behaviour on the site.

    While caravan park owners cannot control what the visitors, any illegal or dangerous behaviour witnessed should be stopped and, if necessary, reported to the police. Poor behaviour on site not only puts those involved at risk, other visitors around them could also be at risk sustaining holiday injury.

    By reporting it the owner protects the holidaymaker and themselves, by preventing the cause of any travel compensation claims.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What should I do if I think the caravan park owner is not following regulations?

    If you feel that the facilities are not up to standard and could potentially cause a travel accident then you should report this to the manager straight away and share your concerns.

    In the case of the owner failing to listen, you could then take it further to the trading standards for caravan parks and launch a formal complaint. Your concerns may not always seem important but they could potentially save not only your family but others from having to make a travel compensation claim.

    The caravan park owner should do their best to ensure your holiday is relaxing, enjoyable and peaceful and most importantly safer. Sadly, this isn’t always the case, and if you have had a travel accident within the last three years that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to make a travel accident claim.

    Speak to Accident Advice Helpline today on Freephone number 0800 689 0500, to find out more.

    Date Published: March 2, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.