How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Car accidents: Uninsured drivers

    At one time or another, you may be involved in a road traffic accident caused by an uninsured driver. This may be because the driver has failed to renew their insurance policy or, on the other hand, the car in question could be a stolen vehicle.

    Whatever the reason the third-party driver gives for failing to provide their insurance policy details, the panic surrounding how to follow up car collision caused by uninsured drivers can be somewhat daunting for the victim of road accident injury.

    Can I still claim compensation from an uninsured driver?

    In some cases, if the vehicle liable for the road traffic accident is insured under an innocent party’s name, this insurer may be willing to pay out compensation to the victim on behalf of the uninsured party.

    Not all insurers will do this and it is down to the discretion of the provider.

    When no insurance is in place in the name of the driver who caused the accident, and the insurance provider declines the request to pay out compensation, you will have no alternative but to make a claim through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Can I claim compensation if the car was stolen?

    If the car in question was stolen and had been reported to the police, the chance of the thief’s own insurance provider paying compensation to the victim is slightly increased, but again down to the discretion of the company.

    Following a failed request for compensation from the insurance provider, you would again need to pursue a claim through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau.

    Be prepared that any case carried out through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau is likely to be complex and lengthy. Legal assistance is recommended.

    Claiming compensation for your road traffic accident

    When you suffer from an illness or injury, through no fault of your own, you would be right to feel as disgruntled as you do unwell. Slips, trips and falls, accidents at work and travel-related mishaps can cause myriad injuries varying in degree of severity.

    With years of experience assisting victims of personal injury retrieve the compensation they are entitled to, at Accident Advice Helpline we are the experts in our field.

    If you believe you have a genuine case and need help pursuing personal injury compensation for your car crash injury, or any other accident, call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 for a free initial consultation regarding the specifics of your individual case.

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.