How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can you use fireworks bought for bonfire night at another time?

    November is noted for bonfire night and schools and local authorities all over the country put on spectacular shows to celebrate; although Bonfire Night is a great chance to get together and have fun watching the beautiful fireworks, there is a risk of danger and if you’ve been injured in a public place, you may be able to claim compensation. If you’ve suffered a slip, trip or fall, which wasn’t your fault, for example, you should call Accident Advice Helpline for advice about making a personal injury claim.

    Can you buy fireworks for Bonfire Night and use them later in the year?

    If you’ve over-catered when buying fireworks for Bonfire Night and you’ve got rockets and Roman candles left over, you may be wondering if you can keep them for Christmas, Easter, Diwali or special birthday celebrations. When it comes to fireworks, it’s always best to err on the side of caution, as they can be very dangerous; however, provided that they are stored correctly, fireworks for Bonfire Night should keep for several years. It is important to keep fireworks dry, so store them in a dry, safe place and ensure they are well out of the reach of children. Avoid storing fireworks in garden sheds, as they can get damp.

    Is it possible to claim compensation for an accident on Bonfire Night?

    If you’ve been injured in a public place on Bonfire Night and the incident was not your fault, you may have a case for public liability compensation. If you were injured in the last 3 years, you have evidence to support your slip, trip or fall claim and you sought medical attention at the time, call Accident Advice Helpline to discuss your public place claim with an advisor. The free phone service is available 24 hours a day.

    Accident Advice Helpline employs an expert team of personal injury lawyers and has established a reputation for reliability and professionalism over many years. Our firm is endorsed by Dame Esther Rantzen and we offer clients a simple and stress-free claims process; most clients never have to go to court and most of the information needed by the legal team can be gathered via the telephone or by email. Call 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out more about no win, no fee** compensation.

    Date Published: November 13, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.