How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How can I stop slip accidents in icy conditions?

    Wintry weather conditions are responsible for a great deal of slip accidents. In order to prevent slip injuries in icy conditions, you should consider some or all of the measures described below.


    Areas likely to be icy and cause slip related injuries should be gritted, preferably in the early evening or first thing in the morning, when snow, ice and frost are forecast. Such areas may, for instance, include:

    • Car parks
    • Building entrances
    • Pedestrian walkways
    • Sloped areas and constantly wet or shaded areas
    • Shortcuts

    If it is not possible to prevent slipping injuries by treating all areas, pedestrians should be diverted to less slippery paths by coning off untreated areas. When using cones, it is important to remove these cones once the danger of snow and ice is over, as people will otherwise start to ignore them even if there is a risk of slipping and falling.

    Other options

    You could also consider preventing slips and falls by covering smaller areas with insulating material during the night. Another alternative is to cover walkways with arbour-like structures, which obviously have to have sufficient height to allow people to safely walk through them.

    When injuries happen

    Employers, shop owners and other authorities in charge of places frequented by employees, customers or visitors have a duty to prevent slips, trips and falls on and around their premises. Should they neglect this duty and injuries by tripping, slipping or falling do occur, the injured party may be entitled to slip, trip or fall injury compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Where to go for help

    Should you sustain a fall, trip or slip injury because a shop owner did not grit his shop entrance, for instance, you could claim for slip injury compensation.

    You can get advice on all claim matters and no win no fee* legal assistance in conducting your compensation claim by making a call to the 24/7 Freephone helpline provided our the highly-commended law firm.

    About Accident Advice Helpline

    Our law firm specialises in trip, slip and fall injury compensation claims. Established many years ago, we have an exceptional track record, which is largely due to our years of experience and careful matching of in-house solicitors’ abilities to individual cases. All claims are handled with sensitivity, confidentiality and on a no-win no-fee** basis.

    Make that call now on Freephone number, 0800 689 0500, and get your claim for compensation started today.

    Date Published: September 27, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.