How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How can I research a restaurant’s contamination records?

    When deciding to eat out at a restaurant, one of the most important factors for potential guests is the health and safety record of a restaurant. Food poisoning can occur as the result of improperly cooked food and can cause serious illness, resulting in an inability to work and a loss of income as a result. The question is, how can you research a restaurant’s contamination records?

    Your local authority

    Problems or concerns about food hygiene and safety in a food outlet or a trading standards issue such as food mislabelling will normally be handled by your local government authority, such as the local council. Environmental Health Officers handle complaints about food quality, hygiene and safety issues. This makes your local authority the first point of contact when researching a restaurant’s contamination records.

    Researching online

    As part of the modern drive for transparency, most restaurants will publish their health and safety rating on the door to the premises. This is to identify restaurants that have excelled in food hygiene and safety. The results of the hygiene inspection will normally be posted online with a link or QR code to the results contained on the sticker on the door. The reviews online will often be accompanied by individual comments by guests and other patrons of the restaurant who have left a review as to the cleanliness and general overall hygiene of a restaurant. This makes searching online, an invaluable source when researching a restaurant’s contamination record.

    Claiming compensation for an accident in a restaurant

    If you’ve had an accident in a restaurant, such as food poisoning or a slip, trip or fall, within the last three years and it wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 for more information on how you could make a 100% no-win-no-fee** claim for compensation. At Accident Advice Helpline, we aim to make the claim process as transparent and efficient as possible. That’s the reasoning behind us publishing these handy blog articles, so that our clients can better inform themselves on how to avoid accidents.

    Our freephone lines are open 24/7 and are staffed by friendly, professional advisors. Alternatively, you can find out online just how much compensation you could be entitled to by taking our 30-second test. Please note that any amounts quoted are guideline amounts only and may not accurately reflect a final payout of compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: April 27, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.