How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Where can noise protective equipment be obtained?

    It’s important to wear noise protective equipment in a loud environment in order to reduce the deterioration of hearing through exposure to loud noises. Industrial deafness is a leading cause for accident at work claims.

    If you are an employer, it’s important to know that you are legally required to provide your employees with hearing protectors if they request them and their noise exposure is between the lower and upper exposure action values.

    What sort of noise protective equipment should you purchase?

    It’s important to choose the correct type of noise protective equipment best suited for the environment in which your employees work. This is mainly a choice between inner-ear and outer-ear protection such as earmuffs.

    Protectors should be able to reduce the noise level below 85 dB at the ear. It is also important to ensure that the protectors are comfortable and hygienic, for example, if they must be worn in conjunction with a hard hat, dust mask or eye protection.

    Where can I obtain noise protection equipment?

    Noise protection equipment can be obtained at almost any store that provides work clothes and equipment, such as overalls and hard hats. Noise protection equipment may also be purchased online from a number of specialist retailers.

    Open Claim Calculator

    It is important to ensure that the protectors meet regulation standards. Poor or inadequate noise protective equipment may not actively protect against occupational deafness.

    Can I claim compensation if I’ve been affected by work-related hearing loss?

    If you’ve suffered work-related hearing impairment, you could be entitled to claim compensation provided that your ailment was sustained through no fault of your own.

    What can Accident Advice Helpline do for me?

    With just a few clicks, you can find out online if you may be eligible to qualify for compensation by taking our 30-second test. A family member can also phone on your behalf in order to discuss a claim for compensation with one of our friendly, professional advisors.

    Accident Advice Helpline is one of the UK’s leading law firms when it comes to all areas of personal injury compensation. We can help you to claim the compensation you deserve. A claim for compensation won’t take away the pain and distress of an injury but help to alleviate the financial difficulties that arise as the result of a work-related injury.

    Contact us today on 0800 689 0500 for more information.

    Date Published: February 27, 2015

    Author: SM Content

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.