How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I only make a military claim after leaving service?

    Armed service personnel are subject to the same risks of an accident at work as anyone. You can make a military claim for compensation if you developed an illness or were injured in the armed forces such as the Royal Navy or Royal Air Force.

    You can claim for a number of injuries including fractures and mental disorders.  You may also make a claim for compensation if you were injured as the result of a service-related activity such as training or physical exercise. It is also possible to make a claim for compensation as the result of an accident that happened during deployment such as a slip, trip or fall.

    The question remains though, can you only make a claim for compensation once you have left military service? The truth is that it depends on when you were injured.

    If you were injured on or after 6 April 2005

    If you were injured as a result of your service or feel that a pre-existing condition was worsened by service in the armed forces, you can make a claim for compensation if you are a current or former member of the forces.

    If you were injured before 6 April 2005

    If however your injury occurred before 6 April 2005, your claim will be considered under what is known as the War Pension Scheme. There are no time limits for making a claim under the War Pension Scheme, however you must be no longer be serving in the armed forces.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Why choose Accident Advice Helpline?

    We are one of the UK’s leading law firms when it comes to all areas of personal injury compensation. We can help you to make a military claim for compensation if you were injured in the armed forces as the result of a work-related injury that wasn’t your fault.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, all of our claims are made on a 100 per cent no-win no-fee* basis, meaning you won’t be out of pocket in the unfortunate event that your claim for compensation is unsuccessful.

    Will I have to go to court?

    Reliving the trauma of an injury in the armed forces can be an horrific and distressing experience. Thankfully, the majority of our claims are settled outside court, meaning that many of our clients will never have to set foot in a courtroom.

    Our expert legal team will help you to get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today on 0800 689 0500 for more information.

    Date Published: March 2, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.