How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I contract food poisoning from reheating rice?

    When you go out for a meal, the last thing you want is to end up spending the next day feeling unwell and having to take time off work or arrange childcare at short notice. If you’ve had a slip, trip or fall on a wet floor or you think you developed food poisoning as a result of a meal at a café, restaurant or hotel, you may be able to claim public place accident compensation.

    Public place slips, trips and falls

    Slips and trips are among the most common public place accidents. Injuries can be severe and the most common examples include dislocated joints, cuts and grazes, strains and sprains and fractures. The most common causes of accidents, according to the Health and Safety Executive, include:

    • Slipping on a wet floor
    • Tripping over a hidden step
    • Tripping over damaged flooring
    • Slipping on a wet or icy pavement
    • Tripping over an obstruction, for example a product that has fallen from a supermarket shelf

    Food poisoning: Can reheated rice make me ill?

    Food poisoning can occur as a result of undercooked food, poor attention to hygiene and storage and reheating food. There are certain foods, which are particularly dangerous and any outlet that serves food is required to comply with strict health and safety guidelines to protect members of the public from illness.

    Often, storage of food is more important than the actual preparation stage and with rice, it is possible to contract food poisoning from reheating rice, but it is not the warming process that carries risks. If rice has not been stored properly, it is possible to develop food poisoning because spores can survive once rice has been cooked and if it is left out at room temperature, these spores can develop into bacteria and then multiply. Common signs of food poisoning include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, which usually develop between 1 and 6 hours after eating.

    Can I make a claim for an accident in a public place?

    If you’ve been injured in a public place or you’ve suffered an illness as a result of eating out, you may be able to claim public liability compensation. If you think you may have a viable case, call the expert lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline to discuss your case. The dedicated team of lawyers has expertise in a wide range of claims, from work accident compensation to travel accident claims and process is hassle-free. Most clients never go to court and the firm operates a no win, no fee** policy.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: September 30, 2014

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.