The repetitive, fast paced nature of squash carries means squash injuries occur. There are, however, some instances in which you can claim if you slip on a squash court.
Slip on a squash court
You may, for instance, be able to make a claim for compensation if your slip on a squash court was caused by flooring that was already wet when you entered the court. Another squash accident warranting a claim would be if another player’s mistake or inappropriate behaviour caused you to slip or trip.
You would also be entitled to compensation if you were injured by slipping or tripping on wet, greasy or cluttered flooring in a changing room or another public area, for instance.
What you should do
Squash injuries and injuries by slipping, tripping and falling can vary significantly in type and severity. If left untreated, some of these injuries could lead to long-term, even permanent, complications. Getting your injury diagnosed and appropriately treated as soon after your squash court accident as possible is therefore of utmost importance.
Doing this will also ensure your injury, its extent and the medication/treatments you required to recover are documented in your medical record. This record will be needed to support any claim for compensation you may wish to initiate.
Accident Advice Helpline
Once your squash-related injury has been properly diagnosed and treated, have a confidential chat about your accidental injury with one of our friendly, helpful advisors. Sympathetic and understanding, the advisor answering your call will:
- Ask you a few questions to assess the situation and confirm that you are eligible to make a personal injury claim
- Answer any questions you may have
- Offer to get an experienced in-house solicitor assigned to you
You are under no obligation to take the advisor up on this offer at any point during or after your initial call. We do, however, highly recommend doing so.
Why we recommend claiming
There are three good reasons why we recommend claiming with the help of our solicitors:
- We have over 15 years’ experience in handling claims like yours. This means we can bring your claim to a conclusion quickly and efficiently.
- We operate under conditional fee agreements, meaning you pay nothing until your claim is settled.
- If your squash-related accident was caused by negligence, claiming may help to prevent others from being injured in the future.
If you believe you may have a squash injury claim, call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your landline or mobile today.
Date Published: March 8, 2017
Author: Accident Advice