Whether you can claim if you slip on a badminton court depends on the circumstances leading to your accident, whilst determining who was at fault.
When you can claim if you slip on a badminton court
Most badminton courts have either wooden or synthetic surfaces. If such surfaces are not kept clean, dry and in good repair, injuries by slipping or tripping could warrant personal injury claims. Similarly, trips and slips in changing or other communal areas or on pathways and car parks could entitle you to make a claim for compensation.
Owners of facilities providing access to badminton courts and other public sporting facilities have a duty of care to prevent accidental injuries. This includes keeping courts and other public areas in good repair, clean and dry. If you were injured by a slip on a badminton court because the owner was in breach of this duty, you could be entitled to personal injury compensation.
You will, however, need to provide evidence showing show that the owner was responsible for your badminton-related accident. This evidence may include:
- Statements by witnesses/other players (which must include names and most recent contact information)
- Your medical record (which makes it imperative to seek professional medical assistance as soon after your badminton court accident as possible)
- Photographs of your injury, the slip or trip hazard that caused your injury and anything else that may of relevance to your claim
If you intend to claim for loss of earnings or any expenses you may have incurred because of your slip injury, you should also include wage slips, bank statements and/or relevant receipts. Expenses you may be able to claim for include costs related to:
- Medical treatments and/or medication
- Transport to/from medical facilities
- Care required by you or dependants during your recovery
- Replacement/repair of clothing or equipment damaged by your slip or trip
Accident Advice Helpline
Boasting over 16 years’ experience in securing personal injury compensation for people like you, we can help you to quickly:
- Establish liability
- Gather all necessary supporting evidence
- Bring your claim to a satisfactory settlement
If you were injured by a slip on a badminton court, discuss your accident to confirm your claim eligibility with one of our friendly advisors now. The respective numbers to call from your mobile or any UK landline are 0333 500 0993 and 0800 689 0500. Calls are kept completely confidential and obligation-free and claims are conducted under conditional fee agreements.
Date Published: March 8, 2017
Author: Accident Advice