Pub landlords are legally required to do everything within their power to prevent pub accidents. If you were injured in a pub because the landlord neglected his duty of care, you could be entitled to claim for compensation.
When you can claim
You would be entitled to claim if you were injured in a pub within the last 36 months and your injury was caused by:
- A slip, trip or fall on wet, cluttered or poorly maintained flooring, pathways or car parks
- Damaged or collapsing interior or exterior furniture/equipment
- Excessively hot drinks or food or such drinks/food being dropped or spilt on you
You may also qualify for compensation if you contracted food poisoning at a pub.
What to do if you were injured in a pub
If you sustained an injury in a pub, you should:
- Get your injury seen to by a doctor or a hospital emergency department as soon after the incident as possible. This will ensure your injury is diagnosed and treated right straight away. Helping to prevent complications, this will also make sure your pub injury is documented within your medical records.
- Get photographs of the scene of your accident (wet, cluttered or damaged flooring/furniture; spilt drink/food, etc.)
- Obtain witness names and contact details.
- Keep receipts for any expenses you incur because of your injury. This may be expenses related to travelling to/from hospitals; medical bills, the cost of care for you or family members who are dependent on you during your recovery, and so on.
Finally, speak to an Accident Advice Helpline advisor to get your claim started.
We are not a claims management company, but a law firm with a nationwide team of solicitors. As such, we do not pass your claim on to someone else but deal with it in-house. This means the claim process will be smooth and hassle-free.
What’s more, we have been in the business of securing compensation for people like you for over 16 years. Drawing on these years of experience, we can bring your claim to a successful end quickly, effectively and efficiently. We may even be able to negotiate a settlement out of court. We cannot, however, guarantee this, as circumstances vary.
If you were injured in a pub and someone else caused your injury, call our confidential, no-obligation freephone helpline from your UK landline or mobile on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 now to get helpful advice and/or get your claim process started.
Date Published: March 6, 2017
Author: Accident Advice