How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim if I’m injured on an away day with work?

    Health and Safety Executive figures show that 28 million working days are lost to illness and accidents at work each year in the UK. If you’ve been injured at work and you were not to blame, you have a right to claim personal injury compensation.

    Injuries at work

    Work accidents and illnesses are common; in 2013/2014, 629,000 workers suffered a work accident, while 1.2 million employees suffered from an illness, which they believed was caused or aggravated by their working environment or the nature of their job. The most common type of work accidents include slips, trips and falls, falls from height, accidents involving vehicles and lifting and handling accidents. Common work-related illnesses include stress and anxiety, occupational respiratory illnesses, back pain and musculoskeletal disorders.

    Can I claim if I’m injured on an away day with work?

    If you’re injured at work and the accident is not your fault, you should be entitled to claim compensation, but what happens if you’re injured while on an away day organised by your employer? If you are visiting a public place, such as a leisure or outdoor pursuits centre, a hotel, a conference facility or a restaurant, and you suffer injuries as a result of an accident, you may have a case for public liability compensation. If you slip or trip on a wet floor, which has not been cleaned after a spillage or you fall as a result of using faulty equipment, for example, you may be eligible for a public place accident payout. In order for a claim to be approved, you must be able to show that your injuries were caused by negligence on the part of an individual, firm or organisation and the incident must have occurred within the last 3 years.

    If you are interested in making a personal injury claim, it is beneficial to collect as much information about your individual case as possible before contacting the experienced personal injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline; useful documentation may include medical records, eyewitness contact details and photographs taken at the time of the accident. Once you have the information and evidence required to support your work accident claim, our legal team will take over and do all the hard work for you. To find out more simply call our 24-hour helpline on 0800 689 0500 or log on and visit our website.

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.