Gym changing room accidents can be painful, If you have an accident which was not your fault, call Accident Advice Helpline to claim compensation.
What are the most common gym changing room accidents?
The most likely causes of injuries in gym changing rooms are slips, trips and falls. This is because there are often numerous hazards to be found. The most common include:
- Shoes: Many gym goers will leave their trainers on the changing room floor whilst they go and get showered. If you’re not careful, this can easily lead to a trip or fall accident.
- Liquid spills: Spilled drinks and overflowing sinks are two common causes of slippery puddles on the floors of gym changing rooms. Sometimes, it doesn’t even require a spill for there to be slip hazards around. Enough people drying off after a shower at the same time will inevitably lead to slippery floors. Combine this with the frequency with which people walk around with bare feet, and it’s easy to see how slip accidents can happen in gym changing rooms.
- Equipment: Whether it’s bags, bottles, supplements or even personal weights, gym changing rooms are home to any number of trip hazards. This is particularly dangerous as tired minds and bodies tend not to react to safety hazards as quickly as normal.
Can I make a claim following a gym changing room accident?
If your situation meets certain criteria, you may well be due injury compensation following your accident at the gym. The main criteria are threefold:
- The accident occurred within the last three years. This is usually the cut-off point for starting the injury claims process following an accident.
- The accident was demonstrably the fault of someone else or caused by negligence. A classic example of this in a gym changing room would be staff failing to put out warning signs on slippery floors.
- The injuries suffered were caused by the accident. This needs to be verified by a medical professional.
If your claim meets the above criteria, then you ought to get started on your compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline has over 16 years’ experience in processing personal injury claims. Our lawyers work on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis and usually settle out of court.
Check out our unique 30-second claims test or call our expert advisors on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from mobiles to get started.
Date Published: March 10, 2017
Author: Accident Advice