If someone else caused you to fall whilst drunk in a beer garden, you could qualify for personal injury compensation. Your claim may, however, be reduced.
Liability for a fall whilst drunk in a beer garden
The owner or manager of a beer garden may, for example, be held liable for your fall whilst drunk in a beer garden if your fall was caused by:
- Poorly maintained pathways (potholes, uneven or damaged paving slabs; loose debris or clutter)
- Wet, damaged or cluttered steps leading into the garden
- Collapsing beer garden furniture
In a claim involving a fall whilst drunk in a beer garden, the court hearing the case will, however, consider how much being drunk may have contributed towards your injuries.
Accident Advice Helpline solicitors
Drawing on over 16 years of experience, our solicitors can quickly assess any contributing factors likely to result in a reduction of your claim and will advise you accordingly. Specialising in beer garden accidents, they can also:
- Help you gather all necessary evidence to support your claim
- Conduct your claim in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- Bring your claim to a speedy conclusion
- Ensure you get the maximum possible compensation for your injury
It should, however, be noted that due to differences in situations and circumstances, we cannot promise specific time frames or amounts.
What we can promise is that the solicitor assigned to your case will:
- Have many years’ experience in conducting claims like yours
- Work for you on a no-win, no-fee* basis
This, of course, means you do not have to worry about the financial implications of making a claim for compensation. Any legal fees and other costs we may incur during the claim process will be covered by a percentage deducted from the compensation you are awarded after your claim is successfully concluded.
The term no-win, no-fee* is often mistakenly interpreted to mean that if you should unexpectedly lose your case, you will pay nothing. Unfortunately, this is not quite the case, as you may still be expected to pay some legal fees. Thanks to our in-house solicitors’ impressive success record, this is, however, an unlikely scenario.
If you think you may have a claim, get helpful advice, confirm your claim eligibility and assess your chance of making a successful claim by calling our freephone helpline today. Open 24 hours a day, our helpline is confidential and obligation-free. The numbers to call from your UK landline or mobile respectively are 0800 689 0500 and 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: March 13, 2017
Author: Accident Advice