The aftermath of being injured by a faulty product, whether the goods led to an accident at work or caused another type of personal injury, can be a daunting, disorientating and distressing time.
It’s important to remember that you are not in this alone and that organisations are out there to help you get back on your feet and give invaluable advice in terms of what to do next.
One such organisation is the Citizens Advice Bureau. One of a network of charities throughout the United Kingdom that aims to provide advice and information with regards to legal, financial and consumer problems, amongst others, to anyone who may ask.
The chief aims of the Citizens Advice Bureau are twofold:
- To offer advice and reassurance to people in the face of various problems.
- To improve the policies made and principles behind them that affect the lives of the population.
When it comes to claims regarding public liability, the services of the Citizens Advice Bureau can prove to be extremely useful. They offer advice and support on a whole range of issues and the rights of people with regard to benefits, housing, employment, consumer and legal issues.
Injuries from faulty products, be they at work or elsewhere, can be extremely serious. The Citizens Advice Bureau can help outline what your rights are regarding:
- Damage costs: For example, if a leaking washing machine has damaged your floor, you may be able to claim for the cost of the repairs.
- Stress compensation: If the accident has caused anxiety and loss of enjoyment, it is possible to claim for compensation, though this is a complicated process and legal advice ought to be sought.
- Injury compensation: Again, legal advice ought to be sought before pursuing this.
- Refunds: Whether your product needs repairing, replacing or you need to be reimbursed.
When it comes to accident claims, our legal team at Accident Advice have an unrivalled combination of knowledge and experience. Their expertise, built up over 15+ years of winning personal injury claims, means they know exactly what it takes to give your claim the best chance of success. This includes:
- A comprehensive portfolio including witness statements and medical reports detailing the extent and impact of your injuries.
- Making the claim within three years of the accident occurring.
- The accident being demonstrably the fault of someone else or the result of negligence.
Call our 24-hour helpline now on 0800 689 0500 and see how we can help you.
Date Published: February 25, 2014
Author: David Brown