How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    A broken fixture after a light bulb blows

    Changing a light bulb may not be the most complex task, but even the simplest tasks can be dangerous, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing and you’re not aware of the risk of electrical injuries. It is possible to change a bulb safely within minutes, but there is a risk of injury and it’s always best to follow advice from experts to prevent accidents at work.

    What should I do if a light bulb blows at work?

    If a light bulb blows when you’re at work, you may be tempted to try and change it yourself, but in most cases, it’s best to inform the relevant supervisor or manager and wait for people with the relevant maintenance skills and safety equipment to do the job for you. While changing a bulb that has blown is usually relatively simple and harmless, there are risks if a light bulb blows and it is fused to a bulb socket and it’s best to let experts change it to reduce the risk of electrical injuries, cuts and lacerations and falls from height.

    Can I make a claim if I’m injured at work?

    If you suffer an injury at work, it may be possible to claim work accident compensation, but compensation is only awarded in cases where the employee is injured through no fault of their own and the accident occurs as a result of the employer’s negligence. This may involve a worker tripping on poorly-maintained flooring or sustaining injuries as a result of using faulty equipment, for example. All claims must be made within 3 years of a work accident.

    If you think you may have a case for work injury compensation, the best thing to do is gather together all the relevant information and get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our expert advisors can go through the details of your personal injury claim with you to determine if you have a viable work injury claim. If you do wish to pursue a claim, the case will be taken over by our experienced personal injury lawyers, who work on a no win, no fee* basis. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 from a UK landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or take the 30-second eligibility test on our homepage.

    Date Published: December 9, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.