If you get injured from a fall down stairs at an arena, who is to blame? It could be that negligence on behalf of the venue operators caused the accident. If that’s the case, then they are liable and you could be due public injury compensation.
What could make me fall down stairs at an arena?
If you are in an arena, it’s reasonable to assume that you are there for a big event. Whether it’s a football match, music concert, theatre production, TV show recording or some other reason, venues attract big audiences.
This brings excitement but also numerous health and safety hazards. Some of the most common causes of a fall down stairs at an arena include:
- Someone else knocking into you. In the most serious cases, this can have a domino effect in which numerous people suffer a fall.
- Slipping on a liquid spill. Spilt drinks are common hazards in arenas. The concrete so often used for constructing stadiums and similar venues are not effective liquid absorbers. This means a puddle is often left just waiting to cause a slip accident.
- There are numerous trip hazards that could cause you to fall down stairs at an arena. For example, you could simply misjudge the level of step needed to make it up safely. You could lose sight of the raised concrete in the crowds. Or you could simply trip over the feet of another visitor. However it happens, the consequences of a trip accident at an arena can be extremely painful.
How can I avoid suffering from a fall down stairs at an arena?
Sometimes, accidents just happen. However, there are a few safety precautions you can employ to limit the likelihood of suffering a slip, trip or fall at an arena.
- Wear sensible shoes with good grip
- Make sure you always have a hand free to grab a banister, or at least break a fall
- Don’t rush
- Keep your eye out for potential hazards and react accordingly
Of course, if you suffer an accident at an arena caused by negligence on behalf of the venue’s owners, then you may be due public injury compensation. A quick call to our expert advisors at Accident Advice Helpline can set you on the way to the compensation you deserve. Call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from mobiles.
Date Published: March 6, 2017
Author: Accident Advice