How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Being at fault as a landlord

    If you are renting out your house or flat then, as a landlord, you have a responsibility to make sure it is liveable and safe. However, if you are at fault as a landlord what happens next?

    Slips, trips and falls and other accidents around the home

    An accident claim could be made by a tenant if the cause of the injury such as a slip, trip or fall was caused by the negligence of the landlord. This could be anything from a loose paving slab which was reported to the landlord but not fixed or a broken pipe. If the slip, trip or fall injury was caused by disrepair to the house then you may be at fault as a landlord.

    Claims process after the accident

    If you are found at fault as a landlord then it may be that the tenant decides to raise a claim for compensation. If this happens, the first thing you need to do is talk to your insurance company and a lawyer for legal advice. This will give you an idea of what your insurance will pay out for and whether you are likely to have to pay the compensation from your own pocket.

    Your solicitor or lawyer will be able to advise on whether your tenant has a solid case and whether you should consider settling before it gets to court to avoid further legal fees.

    If you are a tenant and have had a slip, trip or fall or any other injury in your home within the last 3 years that wasn’t your fault you may be able to make a claim. Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm that specialises in such cases as slip, trip and fall injury claims.

    Open Claim Calculator

    With over 10 years’ worth of experience, our team of highly skilled lawyers will make the claims process as simple and stress-free as possible. In fact, most of our clients are able to settle their slip, trip or fall claim without stepping foot in a court room.

    Call one of our friendly advisors today on freephone 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 to find out more about whether you could be eligible to make an accident claim.

    Date Published: December 9, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.