How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How do bacteria manifest into food?

    Bacteria can manifest in food in a variety of ways, depending on the individual species. What all of them have in common is the fact that they can occasionally make people extremely ill. Some strains of bacteria may even cause death.

    Food poisoning symptoms

    Symptoms of food poisoning infections can also vary depending on the type of bacteria in question, but common symptoms include:

    • Nausea/sickness.
    • Diarrhoea.
    • Stomach, back and/or chest pains.
    • Headaches.
    • Fever/chills.
    • Weakness.
    • Fatigue and more.

    In any case, if food poisoning is suspected, it is essential to seek medical assistance as quickly as possible.

    Why medical assistance is vital

    Seeking the help of medical professionals not only ensures the type of bacteria is identified correctly and suitable treatment is provided quickly, it also ensures that documentation of the infection, treatments and medication given is available.

    Public liability claims

    Operators of food outlets are required by law to prevent bacteria from developing and spreading and keep consumers safe from infections. Should you become infected with food poisoning at a restaurant, hotel or similar establishment, you may qualify for personal injury compensation.

    Slips, trips and falls

    In a similar fashion, you can claim for compensation if you were injured by a slip, fall or trip in such an establishment; a shop, or any other public place.

    Claiming for compensation

    You can find out whether you are eligible to claim personal injury compensation and how to initiate a claim by calling the freephone number provided by the Accident Advice Helpline. Confidential and obligation-free, calls are answered by highly experienced advisers.

    The claim process

    On establishing your eligibility to claim, your adviser will offer you the services of one of Accident Advice Helpline’s solicitors. Working on a no win no fee* basis, this individual will have specific knowledge of your type of claim and deal with most of the necessary processes over the phone.

    How long claims take

    As circumstances can vary between different cases, the length of time required to settle a claim cannot be predicted. It is also not possible to say for sure how much compensation you will eventually be awarded, or whether it will be necessary to attend a court hearing.

    Why you should claim for compensation

    Food poisoning incidents and other injuries in public places may be the result of negligence by the establishment’s owner or operator. Claiming compensation for personal injuries incurred as a result can help to prevent future incidents.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.