How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Are compensation claims restricted to UK residents?

    If you’’ve been injured at work or you’ve had a slip, trip or fall in a public place, you may be thinking about whether or not you can claim compensation. If you live in the UK and you’’ve been injured in the last three years, you have a right to claim compensation, but what happens if you’’re not a UK resident? Are you still entitled to make compensation claims?

    Are compensation claims restricted to UK residents?

    There are many factors to take into consideration when considering compensation claims. Compensation claims usually arise from accidents in public places or work accidents, which cause somebody to sustain injuries through no fault of their own. Compensation claims are not always approved; in order for a claim to be successful, it must meet stringent qualifying criteria.

    If you are a UK national and you’’re involved in an accident in the UK and you have evidence to prove that you were not to blame for your injuries, you should be able to file a claim without any problems. If you’’re not a UK citizen, but you live or work in the UK and you are a citizen of another European Union nation, you may also be eligible to make a claim. In
    other cases, the criteria may be complex.

    If you don’’t have a UK passport and you’’ve been injured in the UK, seek advice from Accident Advice Helpline. The expert legal team will be able to tell you whether or not you have the right to file compensation claims in the UK.

    When is it possible to claim compensation?

    Compensation is a sum of money which is awarded in cases where individuals suffer illness or injury as a result of negligence on the part of an individual, company or authority. All personal injury claims should be processed within three years of the accident happening; there must also be a clear case of liability and you should have evidence to support your

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming compensation can be a convoluted and time-consuming process and this is where the experienced personal injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline can help. They will guide you through the process and gather together all the relevant evidence for your public
    liability claim

    If you would like to find out more, and talk through the details of your case with an advisor, call now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: April 29, 2016

    Author: SM Content

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.