How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Advice for parents: Suing schools for a child’s injury

    Advice for parents: Suing schools for a child’s injury

    Schools are a perfect place for learning, socialising and helping your children towards a positive future. However, like many other locations, accidents, especially slips, trips and falls, can occur on site. Sometimes it will be the children’s fault but sometimes the school may be at fault, in which case you may need to speak to a law firm for information surrounding suing schools.

    How do slips, trips and falls occur on the school site?

    There are many ways in which a child can sustain an injury such as from a slip, trip or fall. Sometimes children do not always pick up their feet when walking so can slip, trip or fall on the smallest of ridges. The child could also sustain a trip injury simply by running and falling over their own feet.

    Sometimes the slip, trip or fall could be caused by uneven paving, a hole in the ground or other faults within the site which could lead to school liability.

    What to do if your child has sustained a trip injury due to a fault on site

    If you think that the slip, trip or fall that your child had was due to a fault on the school site you may want to sue them, especially if it caused considerable injury to your little one. To sue the school you need to collect as much evidence to prove that the slip, trip or fall was the fault of the school. This could be photos of the injury and possibly the site where the accident happened if it was uneven ground or similar.

    What else do I need to do?

    If there were any witnesses to the accident, perhaps a teaching assistant or child, then try to get them to vouch that the slip, trip or fall was the school’s fault. Then speak to a professional for advice on how to sue the school and to make a slip, trip or fall claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm that specialises in such claims as slip, trip or fall compensation. Whether it was you who sustained the injury or your child you may be eligible for compensation.

    Speak to Accident Advice Helpline on our 24-hour Freephone number, 0800 689 0500, to find out more about making a slip, trip or fall claim. Alternatively, take the simple 30-second compensation calculator test online to see how much your claim could potentially be worth.

    Date Published: April 27, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.