How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Advice for parents: Son or daughter heading for work experience abroad?

    Work experience is a key part of life that all teenagers and young adults should go through. It not only teaches them key life skills but also gives them an insight into the real working world and helps them decide the career path they would like to follow. However, your son or daughter may decide they want to undergo work experience abroad. Here is some advice to help keep them safe and avoid them having a travel accident.

    Make sure they have the right clothing and equipment to avoid a travel accident

    This is an important point to consider. Depending on where in the world they are travelling to, make sure they know what they need to pack and any equipment they may need depending on the type of work experience they will be doing. This will help to prevent them having to make a travel accident compensation claim as they will be more prepared.

    Ensure they get the right vaccinations

    This is an essential step that needs to be taken well before the trip. Depending on where your son or daughter is travelling to they may need vaccinations to help prevent getting malaria or other travel accidents and injuries. If they don’t need any particular jabs ensure they are up to date with their tetanus and other shots. This will mean if they have a travel accident at least you have done your best to help prevent it turning into something nasty.

    Make them take a working mobile phone

    Your son or daughter may not stay in one place when they are on their work experience so if you make sure they have a mobile phone that will work in that country at least you can make sure that they can stay in touch and if they do have a travel accident they can contact you.

    There are plenty of other points and tips to ensure that your son or daughter has fun but safe time abroad. However, if they do have an accident whilst overseas that wasn’t their fault they may be able to make a travel compensation claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm which specialises in helping clients get the best result from their travel accident claim. To find out if you could be eligible for compensation call them today on their 24-hour free phone number where a trained advisor will be able to help you.

    Date Published: July 8, 2014

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.