Moving house can be very stressful. Although there is an element of excitement, it is hard not to feel overwhelmed at times. From having to contend with removal companies to all the packing, there’s a lot that needs doing. This is made harder if you’re moving house in the summer. To add to the physical and emotional strain the weather can make things quite hot and sticky, even in the UK.
So, at Accident Advice Helpline, we decided to take the time to discuss some of the best tips when thinking of moving house in the summer. We have over 16 years of experience as personal injury claims specialists. If you need advice on claiming compensation for any injury that wasn’t your fault, we can help.
Five top tips when moving house in the summer
- Don’t move house in the summer if you can avoid it. With the number of things that can go wrong with moving house already so high, moving when it’s hot and humid can seriously complicate things, especially if you’re planning on moving yourself as opposed to using a removal company.
- Plan ahead. Don’t leave anything for the last minute as you are most likely to regret. If you’re renting and forget to do something like repair damage done to your old flat or house, it’s likely you could lose your security deposit.
- Move on the least busy days. The summer can be quite hectic with the number of children out and about on school holidays. If you need to get to your new place at a specific time, the last thing you want is to arrive late because you were caught in traffic and being the UK, there is always plenty of traffic.
- Book a removal company in advance. Although it’s tricky moving house in the summer, you definitely won’t be the only one looking to move house. With this in mind, you need to make sure that you book the day you want to move house far in advance to ensure that you don’t miss out.
- Hold a garage sale. Sell your unwanted goods from your front lawn or garage to make some extra money.
Have you suffered an injury while moving house and want to claim?
Despite what some people think, the injury risks when moving house should not be ignored. If you have suffered an injury due to someone else’s carelessness call our 24/7 Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 or take a 30-second test to establish if your claim carries any weight.