Slips, trips and falls are common sport-related accidents, which all sportspersons will have experienced at one time or another. While some accidents, such as slips and falls, are simply unavoidable, there are ways to minimise the risk of sports injuries and safe around sports fields.
How to stay safe around sports fields
Whether you partake in sports as a hobby, semi-professionally, or professionally, you are not exempt from suffering sporting accidents. With this in mind, it is important to know how to stay safe around sports fields, no matter your sporting competency.
Stay safe around sports fields by:
- Wearing the correct footwear for the sport you are playing; running shoes are essential for runners, while various other styles are appropriate for different sports.
- Being cautious of wet grass, which can lead to slips, causing myriad injuries from bruising to fractures.
- Watching your surroundings for even grounding, debris, or obstacles, which could cause trips and falls.
- Always warming up and cooling down correctly, before and after playing sport.
- Showing regard for other athletes around you, allowing enough space for others.
Claiming compensation for sports injuries
You may have done all you can to stay safe around sports fields, but still have sustained a sport-related injury. Whether this is down to substandard coaching or poor ground maintenance, you can claim personal injury compensation if your accident was someone else’s fault.
Of course, all sporting accidents are unique, which is why at Accident Advice Helpline, we offer a free initial consultation to all victims of sport injuries. During our initial consultation, we will discuss the basis of your claim. This will help us determine whether you have a claim that is likely to be successful if pursued, and where liability is expected to lie.
Should we mutually agree to go ahead and pursue your claim for compensation, you can recuperate from your injury at home, with the peace of mind that our solicitors operate on a 100 per cent no-win, no-fee basis.
Getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline
For more information, and to receive your free initial consultation, speak with one of our friendly advisors today. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience.
Call us on our freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: August 1, 2016
Author: Accident Advice