How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    5 slip and trip hazards at the local pub

    Local pubs are required by health and safety laws to ensure patrons, employees and other visitors are safe and not exposed to the risk of being injured by slips, trips and falls. In spite of this, many people suffer injuries by slipping, tripping and falling at pubs all over the country.

    Common trip hazards

    Many trip injuries are caused by steps or sudden dips in floor levels. Others are the result of loose or damaged flooring, curling carpet edges or holes and bumps on paths leading into beer gardens. Poorly lit passages leading to adjoining rooms or toilet areas can also be  responsible for injuries by tripping and falling. Clutter along such passages, in bar and lounge areas also often causes tripping accidents.

    Common slip hazards

    Slip injuries are often the result of spilled drinks not being mopped up immediately. Other injuries by slipping are caused by mud, rain water or snow being carried into pubs under customers’ feet and, again not being cleared or at least clearly marked. Leaks or spills in toilet areas equally cause a great deal of slips and falls. Highly polished floors, leaves and other debris on footpaths and poorly placed, slippery mats also count among common slip and trip hazards.

    Landlords’ liability

    As mentioned above, pub landlords have a duty of care towards their patrons, staff and other people likely to enter their premises. Should they fail to comply and someone suffers an accidental injury as a result of their breach of duty, they are liable to pay the injured party personal injury compensation.

    Your right to claim

    In other words, if you had a slip, trip or fall at your local pub in the past three years because the landlord did not ensure trip, slip and fall hazards were not dealt with immediately, you could be entitled to claim for compensation. In order for a compensation claim to be successful, your personal injuries must have been the result of falls, trips or slips caused by the negligence or inappropriate actions of someone else. You must also have suffered your slip, fall or trip injury during the past three years.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Make that call

    If these conditions apply to you, pick up the phone and make that call to Accident Advice Helpline today. This company, a law firm with years of experience in conducting compensation claims, has a first class team of in-house legal experts ready to help you on a no win no fee* basis.

    Date Published: September 30, 2014

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.