There are many reasons why you should accompany your child to the common, but the five most important ones are all concerned with your child’s health, safety and general well-being.
Top 5 reasons to accompany your child to the common
Here are the five most important reasons to go with your child to the common, rather than letting them go alone:
- Strangers: sad as it may be, there are many unsavoury characters out there who may approach your child with the intent to harm him or her. By accompanying your child to the common, you can keep an eye on them and prevent such a tragedy from happening.
- Behaviour: your presence will ensure your child behaves in a manner that does not put them or others at risk of personal injuries.
- Accidents: should something unfortunate happen and your child is injured by faulty equipment or a slip, trip or fall, you will be at hand to assist them, and ensure they are attended to by medical professionals as quickly as possible. You may, in fact, be able to prevent such accidents on the common in the first place by keeping an eye out for trip, slip and fall hazards, and potentially damaged or faulty equipment, for example.
- Bullies: bullies tend to target smaller, accompanied children. By being there with your child, you can prevent them becoming a victim of bullying.
- Plants: young children like to explore and taste things. Your presence will prevent your child eating something that could seriously harm or even kill them.
Finally, by going to the common with your child, you are spending ‘quality time’ with your youngster, which is obviously of high importance to their emotional and mental well-being.
Incidents on the common
If the unfortunate happened and you or your child were injured at the common by slips, trips or falls or an accident involving defective equipment, for example, those responsible for the maintenance of the common and equipment provided there could be held liable to compensate you for your accidental injury.
Accident Advice Helpline
The nationwide Accident Advice Helpline legal team boasts over 15 years’ experience and an impressive success record in helping members of the public get the personal injury compensation due to them.
Learn how we can help you claim for compensation by giving our advisors a call today on freephone 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: August 1, 2016
Author: Accident Advice