How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Airline Accidents: Food Poisoning

    When you have worked hard all year and have planned your escape to get away from the humdrum of daily life, becoming ill during your time abroad can really ruin your holiday.

    Whether you sustain an injury while you are on holiday or suffer from a holiday-related illness, any ailment can leave you feeling disappointed, disgruntled and in pain – if this is the case, you may want to consider pursuing a claim for travel accident compensation.

    Claiming for holiday-related injury and illness

    When you book a holiday through a UK travel agency, all elements of the break they have arranged are covered by UK law. Simply put, this means that the travel company have a legal obligation to ensure your health and safety.

    This is a huge relief for victims of personal injury and holiday-related illness, as claiming against companies in foreign countries can be problematic, depending on their legal system and the reliability of communication.

    Suffering from an accident or illness on holiday that wasn’t your fault, could mean that you are able to pursue a case against the travel agency for failing to meet their legal requirements.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Food poisoning

    Although food poisoning is not as straightforward as a slip, trip or fall injury, for example, if the food you have eaten on the aeroplane has made you ill, you can claim compensation for the effects of your illness.

    It is important that you do seek medical attention and confirm that you are suffering from food poising. In addition, the incident in question must have occurred in the last three years.

    According to the NHS, symptoms of food poisoning include sickness, diarrhoea and vomiting, as well as stomach cramps, stomach pain, raised temperature and loss of appetite. You may also experience fever and/or chills.

    Getting help with your claim

    Accident Advice Helpline has years of experience in managing claims for personal injury and travel accident compensation.

    Their team of experts can determine the eligibility of your claim following a quick phone call with the claimant. From there Accident Advice Helpline assigns your case to one of their legal representatives to process the claim on a no-win, no-fee** basis.

    Taking the pressure off you, Accident Advice Helpline handles all elements of your case, with often no need for claimants to attend court. Most cases are also managed over the phone, purely at your convenience.

    Date Published: January 7, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.