How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Advice for employers who experience injured employees

    Owning a business can be an exciting prospect. However, in the modern world of health and safety in the work place, some employers can feel anxious when dealing with any employees who may have suffered an injury in the course of the employment. Here is Accident Advice Helpline’s guide for employers who experience accidents at work.

    How can I prevent an injury from occurring to my employees?

    It is often said that prevention is better than the cure and this is certainly true in the world of employment and health safety in the workplace. It is better to take the necessary steps to avoid an injury to your employee than to deal with the consequences afterwards. You should always carry out the appropriate risk assessments. As an employer, you have an obligation to ensure that appropriate measures are taken in order to prevent work-related injuries from happening to your employees. A lot of the time risk assessment falls mainly under common sense. Make sure flooring is not loose, if employees need to wear any protective clothing or specialist equipment then make sure they are provided with suitable clothing and functioning equipment.

    What if one of my employees still suffers an accident though?

    Accidents are impossible to avoid 100 per cent of the time, no matter how careful you are, and no one understands this better than Accident Advice Helpline. If an employee has been injured in the course of their employment then it is important not to panic if you have taken all the relevant steps to eliminate any obvious dangers which may be posed to your employees in the course of their employment. If you have more than 10 employees, then you are required by law under RIDDOR to have an accident log for any employees who suffer any accidents. Be sure to note the names and details of any employees involved in an incident, and note the nature of the incident itself in your report.

    I’m afraid this will ruin me financially, is there anything that can be done?

    If you have taken the relevant steps necessary to eliminate any obvious hazards in the workplace then you shouldn’t need to panic regarding your financial situation. Sometimes an employee may be at fault by ignoring proper health and safety codes and thus increasing the chances of a work injury. Not all litigation against employers results in a pay-out. As an employer you should have appropriate insurance in the case of an accident. Check your policy thoroughly to see exactly what it covers.

    Date Published: January 3, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.