How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Advice on claiming against a nightclub

    Advice on claiming against a nightclub – Accidental injuries to customers or employees and assaults of customers or members of club staff by other customers or employees, describe several circumstances that may determine whether you should start looking for Advice on claiming against a nightclub. If you have been injured whilst working or having fun in a nightclub, you should keep in mind that you might be able to claim compensation for your suffering.

    Claiming compensation against a nightclub

    Your entitlement to compensation depends on the type and severity of the injury that you have sustained. For instance, if you have tripped and fallen without getting hurt physically, you may have your claim rejected. Additionally, if you have witnessed a traumatic event, such as an act of violence against another customer, there is a possibility to have a valid claim only if you have a close relationship with the victim.

    If you have, for example, slipped, fallen and cut your arm on broken glass lying on the floor, you may have a valid claim as long as you cannot be held responsible for the accident. If you are the person who broke the glass, the accident may be considered your fault. In this case, your claim may also be rejected, or you may be held partly liable for the accident and awarded a low compensation amount.

    If you have been the victim of an attack, you can file a compensation claim against the nightclub only if you report the incident to the police. Since an act of violence is regarded as a crime, police involvement followed by a comprehensive report is mandatory in order to receive compensation for the injuries resulting from that particular event.

    If you were injured whilst working as a bartender, waiter, or door attendant in a nightclub, you can file a compensation claim against your employer, regardless of whether you have sustained an accidental injury or the injury resulted from an assault. As with any other workplace injury claim, the only thing you need to prove is that your employer has failed in his or her duty of care to protect you from harm.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Depending on the type of accident that caused your injury and the relation with the nightclub (whether you are a customer or an employee), you can file a workplace accident compensation claim, a criminal injury compensation claim, or a public liability compensation claim. Regardless of the type of claim that you wish to pursue, the legal specialists at Accident Advice Helpline are ready to offer you professional advice on claiming against a nightclub in order to make sure that you will receive rightful compensation for your suffering.

    Similar to any other claim, the compensation for an injury caused by an accident or attack in a nightclub is meant to cover the pain, suffering and distress that a victim experiences as a direct result of the traumatic event, along with worries relating to loss of earnings, medical expenses, prognosis, and job prospects. For further advice, we invite you to contact our personal injury lawyer advisers on 0800 689 0500


    Date Published: April 22, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident in a nightclub

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.