Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


What does accommodation in disrepair mean?

Accommodation in disrepair is a term that describes the place that you are living in, that you do not own, but has not been properly maintained. Your landlord has a responsibility to ensure that your accommodation is a safe and habitable place to stay. If you suffer from an injury that has resulted from living in an accommodation in disrepair, you will be entitled to make a claim for accommodation in disrepair compensation.

Types of injury

If you are currently living in rented accommodation and the landlord has not bothered to provide a safe environment, just look around and you will soon see the possible hazards. You could have an accident due to an unsafe stairway or perhaps an electrical appliance or the whole system could be a potential risk to your safety. The landlord is happy enough to take your rent money, so why shouldn’t they spend a little of this on providing you a safe place to stay? If you are staying in rented accommodation, and after complaining about the condition of your premises, you suffer from some type of injury, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline immediately.

If you are injured

If you bump your head, fall over or have any other type of accident that is due to the condition of your accommodation, you need to visit your doctor straight away. Even a small injury can develop into something more serious, so do not shy away from a medical opinion just in case. Your doctor will treat your injury and we will require this as proof of your claim for financial compensation.

How to claim

Accident Advice Helpline has been helping individuals successfully claim for accommodation in disrepair injuries since 2000. We work on a no win no fee basis and most of our claims are settled over the phone. Do not worry about your landlord, because he/she has obviously got other things on their mind rather than your own safety. As well as the physical and mental pain that you have suffered, you may also end up out of pocket for an accident that was not your fault. Our 24/7 freephone helpline is manned by our staff who are waiting for your call.

Claims calculator

Accident Advice Helpline uses a bespoke claims calculator that will tell us within 30 seconds if your claim is viable. Call us now to claim for what is rightfully yours.