How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident in work?

    Accident in work?

    FAQs about an accident in work

    Q.What happens if I have an accident in work?

    A. It depends on your company. All companies and organisations should have an Accident Report Book for an accident in work so make sure yours is logged in the book. Organisations with more than ten employees must report it to the Health and Safety Executive. Some companies have a safety officer.

    Q. Can I claim compensation for an accident in work?

    A. If the accident was not your fault, it happened within the last three years and you required medical treatment as a result of the accident you may be able to, but, of course it depends upon the circumstances under which it took place.

    Q. Who can give me advice?

    A. If you belong to a professional body or trade union, they may be able to help you. Failing that, seek legal advice from a personal injury solicitor who specialises in the accident at work scenario.

    Q. How do I find the right personal injury solicitor?

    A. Compensation providers are companies who can help you assess the eligibility of your claim and put you in touch with an expert who can advise you further.

    Q. Who pays my award?

    A. The claim would be made against your employer’s company liability policy, which all firms must have by law.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Q. I can’t afford to pay legal fees. What can I do?

    Talk to a compensation provider. They can give you the information to help you decide whether to start a claim. Firms such as Accident Advice Helpline do not ask for payment in advance. Should you decide to start a claim, your solicitor will advise you on probable costs and whether you would be able to take out insurance to cover them.

    Q. What else do I need to do about my accident in work?

    A. If there are witnesses, get their contact details and ask them if they would be willing to act as witnesses, but don’t discuss the incident with them at that stage. Get someone to take photos of your injuries and also of the accident scene. Make as many notes as you can and keep all receipts and documents relating to your injury.



    Date Published: March 15, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.