How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident in a hotel abroad advice

    Finding good accident in a hotel abroad advice is crucial if your claim for an injury you suffered overseas whilst on holiday or business is to be successful. Whilst the procedure for making a personal injury claim for an injury incurred as a result of an accident in a UK hotel is straightforward, things become more complicated when the hotel is in another country where the language and local customs are different.

    Accident Advice Helpline has experience in this area so if you want abroad accident advice, we can help. Hotels abroad, just like hotels in the UK, have a duty to their guests and must take all reasonable steps to ensure that the health and safety of the guests is not compromised.

    Generally, accidents in hotels involve trips, slips and falls, but in some cases the consequences of an accident can be much more serious. If you have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence or failure to act then you could be entitled to compensation.

    It is often preferable to take a claim to the UK courts rather than going through foreign courts as generally the levels of compensation are higher. The process is also much easier. Taking a case to a foreign court means that it will take longer and the costs will be different. The length of time it takes will depend on how the tour operator decides to handle the case. If they have to wait for money to be received from a third party, such as the hotel, it can take over a year to be resolved.

    To make a successful claim you will need to be able to prove that the accident was not your fault, but the fault of another party’s negligence, such as a travel agent or a member of the hotel staff. Ideally, you will have reported your accident or injury to the travel representative at the time it occurred. It will also help your claim if the accident was noted in the accident book, and if you took the names and addresses of witnesses. Taking a photograph of where the accident took place is also useful.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you want to claim expenses for additional costs that you incurred as a result of the injury such as medical treatment, travelling expenses or prescription costs, you should keep a record of all payments and receipts where possible.

    Having an accident in a hotel abroad can be a traumatic experience for both the individual who is injured and other family members. Dealing with an injury, especially if it is not minor, can cause significant anguish and disruption, which is especially true if the accident occurs in a foreign country. Having the aid of an expert law firm like Accident Advice Helpline that has experience of handling such claims can make the process less traumatic.

    If you have had an accident abroad, whether you were travelling independently or were on a package holiday, you may be entitled to compensation. This may be the case even if you did not have travel insurance. The amount of compensation you may receive will of course vary depending on your injuries. Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Date Published: January 2, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.