How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Sport injury advice abroad

    Many people enjoy engaging in sport while abroad. It can be such things as skiing, water sports or entering a foreign tournament as part of a team. Problems can occur if the participant is injured while taking part in a sport when in a different country. In such cases sport injury advice is recommended.

    Injuries while engaged in a sporting activity on foreign shores can result in high medical costs and the possibility of the expense of repatriation while under medical care. Once back home, the person who suffered the injury may need time off work to recover, leading to loss of earnings and could also incur extra expense travelling to and from hospitals for medical care. In such cases there is normally the option of claiming sports injury compensation, but the fact that the injury was sustained abroad can complicate matters.

    These complications occur because the laws in other countries are often different to those in the UK. There is also the problem of language barriers and the logistics of making a claim against a person, or an organisation, in another country. That is why someone who believes they may have grounds for compensation should seek sports injury advice.

    At Accident Advice Helpline we have solicitors with the expertise to provide advice for people who have suffered sports injuries while overseas.

    If you have suffered an injury while involved in sport abroad, you must not have been responsible for the accident that led to your injury. Any claim for compensation will be made against the person or organisation responsible for the incident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In some cases it may be possible to make a claim against the UK tour operator that organised your holiday where the sporting injury took place. This, of course, may make the claim for sporting injury compensation so much easier. If, however, this is not the case, we will endeavour, along with our specialists, to discover the party that is liable, which could include the body that organised the sporting event, or the individual responsible for causing your injury.

    You should also remember that there could be strict deadlines for making claims in the country where you suffered the mishap, so it is important that you contact us for abroad sports injury advice as soon after the event as possible.

    We can be contacted via our free customer helpline on 0800 689 0500. In order for us to help you and assess whether you have grounds for sports injury compensation, it is important that you give us have as much information about the accident as possible. This will include the contact details for anyone who witnessed the incident, as their statements could be invaluable.

    If you have not already done so, you should have your injuries examined by a doctor, as his medical report could play an important part in any claim.

    If we believe that you do have grounds for compensation, we will represent you on a no win, no fee* basis. This means you will not have to pay our fees whether the claim is won or lost. If the claim is successful it is the other party that have to pay.

    To discuss your claim with a member of Accident Advice Helpline’s expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.

    Date Published: October 8, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident abroad

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.