How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    A claim for personal injury

    A claim for personal injury

    Certain actions are important if a claimant wishes to pursue a claim for personal injury.

    Road Traffic Accidents

    If anyone was hurt the accident must be reported to the police. A police report may be required to support the claim for personal injury. If you were hurt in the accident by the third party and they didn’t report it, then you should report it. Failing to report an accident where people were injured could invalidate an insurance policy.

    If the injury does not seem serious, especially in the case of mild concussion, see a doctor as soon as you can anyway. Some injuries take time to show and it could get worse. Furthermore, should you decide to pursue a claim for personal injury, medical reports will be required. Make sure you have the details of the other vehicle. It’s helpful to have witnesses, if there are any.

     Accidents at work

    If the accident happened at work, the first thing to do is to record it in the accident book. If the employer does not have an accident book, then you, or a friend or colleague if you are unable, should write out the details of it and copy it to the employer. Again, if you decide to pursue a claim then your solicitor will need these details. The same advice for witnesses applies. If colleagues witnessed the accident, then their accounts may also be needed.

    Starting a claim for personal injury

    If you belong to a trade union or professional organisation, they may be able to advise on starting a claim. If you do not know of any personal injury lawyers, then it can be helpful to go online and check out the compensation providers. Accident Advice Helpline is one of the leading UK companies that specialises in the claim for personal injury field and works in partnership with firms of solicitors. A compensation provider can answer your questions about your claim for personal injury whether it resulted from a road traffic accident or an accident at work.


    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: March 30, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.