How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    £7,500 compensation paid to family of disabled girl for failures in respite care

    By David Brown on June 15, 2014

    A four-figure sum has been paid in compensation to the Lancashire-based family of a girl who has severe disabilities. Lancashire County Council previously provided funding for the family to cover monthly respite care.

    This meant care could be provided for one weekend every month. This enabled the parents and their other two children to enjoy time together while the girl received good care elsewhere.

    However the placement used by the family ended in June 2009. Following this, no replacement was offered, no additional funding was provided to arrange an alternative option and no review of the case was made for two years.

    The Local Government Ombudsman found in favour of the family and awarded compensation accordingly. The Ombudsman recognised that the entire family had been affected by the reaction of the council and that failures had taken place that led to the compensation being awarded.

    Has your child suffered through inadequate respite care?

    In the vast majority of cases families are well-supported by their local council in these situations. However mistakes can happen and there is the potential for situations like these to arise. If this has occurred in your family it can be difficult to know what to do or where to turn for help.

    If you believe your child has not received the appropriate amount of support in this way, it is best to consult a professional injury compensation lawyer. This will enable you to sort out the facts of the situation and to determine whether there is a case to answer.

    Claiming compensation for your child

    The experienced compensation lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline have years of experience in this field. We have already helped other clients bring successful claims for compensation, allowing them to draw a line under often unpleasant and stressful experiences and receive monetary compensation as well.

    If you believe you may have cause to bring such a claim, contact us now. Our 24/7 enquiry line is completely free and open around the clock. You can also take our 30-second online test to determine whether you have a claim to bring against the other party. Either way, make sure you find out where you stand as quickly as possible.

    We can help you the rest of the way and handle your claim on your behalf on a no win, no fee* basis.

    Source: Lancashire Evening Post

    Share On


    Date Published: June 15, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.