According to the Office for National Statistics, in 2017, UK residents paid 72.8 million visits to overseas destinations and 784,900 British citizens were living somewhere in the EU outside of the UK and Ireland*.
Our leading hospital accident & misdiagnosis abroad claims solicitors are here to help you claim the compensation you deserve. If you have been involved in a hospital accident or misdiagnosis abroad, contact us for free legal advice from our expert solicitors.
No Win No Fee hospital accident and misdiagnosis abroad
Almost all of our hospital accident and misdiagnosis abroad cases are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf, therefore there is no financial risk to you.
Hospital accident & misdiagnosis abroad explained
Getting medical treatment in a foreign country can be difficult for you. You have to trust people which you maybe don't understand too well and you don't know much about that country's health care system. If you have been involved in a hospital accident or misdiagnosis while being abroad, you might not be sure what your rights are:
- You have the same rights as you have in the UK.
- You have the right to claim compensation.
- You can choose a legal representative from the UK to help you with your claim.
So, no matter whether you have been injured within the EU or outside of the EU and the British Commonwealth, if the accident was due to someone else's fault, contact us to establish your full legal position and help you with your compensation claim.
Most common causes and types of hospital accident & misdiagnosis abroad
Commonly, you can differentiate between three types of hospital accident & misdiagnosis:
- Misdiagnosed: if a medical professional failed to diagnose you correctly:
- Failure to diagnose the correct illness
- Undiagnosed: if a medical professional failed to diagnose an illness or injury:
- Failure to diagnose a fracture
- Failure to diagnose heart conditions
- Failure to diagnose cancer
- Errors in treatment such as:
- Medication errors - wrong prescription or dosage
- Dental errors
- Surgical errors
- Medical infections
- Failure to pass on serious test results
- Failure to send you to a specialist
What can I claim for?
If you have been involved in a hospital accident or if your injury or illness has been misdiagnosed by a medical professional, you can claim compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings
- Rehabilitation and treatment
I went abroad to get a nose job. Unfortunately, I have now an infected wound and a big, visible scar. Can I claim compensation?
Even if you have signed an agreement beforehand, you may still be able to claim compensation. Contact us to establish your full legal position.
How much can I claim for a hospital accident or misdiagnosis abroad accident?
It completely depends on your injury and the impact it has on your life. If the injury was caused due to someone else's negligence, your claim for pain and suffering could be worth several thousands of pounds. For more information call us on freephone 0800 083 5045 or try our online claims calculator.