Home > Accidents abroad > European Union accidents
lady walking on the beach in summer ware on crutches due to ankle injury

EU accident claims solicitors

Our accident claims solicitors are experts in helping individuals with compensation claims. Call us now on freephone 0800 083 5045 or use the following form to tell us about your accident in europe and we will call you.

Request a callback

Provide your details and a legal expert will be in touch shortly.

Request a callback

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

According to the Office for National Statistics, in 2017, UK residents paid 72.8 million visits to overseas destinations.

Our leading accident abroad claims solicitors are here to help you claim the compensation you deserve. If you have been involved in an accident in Europe and it was due to someone else’s negligence, contact us for free legal advice from our expert solicitors.

No Win No Fee EU accident claim solicitors

Almost all of our accident abroad cases are conducted on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf, therefore there is no financial risk to you.

EU accidents explained

Accidents can happen everywhere, including when on a holiday. If you have been injured while travelling in europe, including non-EU countries such as Finland, Iceland and Switzerland, and it was due to someone else's fault, you have the following rights:

  • You have the same rights as you have in the UK.
  • You have the right to claim compensation.
  • You can choose a legal representative from the UK to help you with your claim.

Click here for more on travelling safely in the EU.

While we are still in the EU, claiming compensation from other european countries is quite simple if you work with an expert solicitor and we often help clients who have been involved in an accident in one of the following countries:

Most common causes and types of accidents in the EU

Slips, trips and falls are among the most common accidents that happen during holidays. Other accidents we can usually help with include:

These accidents result in different kinds of injuries. Our clients most commonly seek compensation for:

What can I claim for?

Getting involved in an accident whilst abroad can lead to more complications, such as you and your family being unable to travel home at the planned time.

If you have been injured in an accident in the EU which was due to someone else's negligence, you can claim compensation for the following:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Damages
  • Loss of earnings
  • House modifications
  • Rehabilitation and treatment

However, the rules followed by the compensation authority in each EU nation might slightly differ. Contact us now for free legal advice and to establish your full legal position.

I have an emergency, how can I contact the British Government?

If you have a medical emergency, call 112.

If you need urgent help from the British Government, e.g. in one of the following cases, you can contact the British Embassy in the respective country.

  • You've been attacked
  • You've been arrested
  • Someone died

How long have I got to claim for compensation?

If you have been involved in an accident due to someone else's negligence, time limits differ between the EU countries. Although the time limit is often 3 years, we recommend that you begin your claim as soon as possible. Contact us now for free legal advice and to establish your full legal position.

Do I have to pay for medical treatment in EU?

Make sure you have your European Health Insurance Card with you. It gives you access to health care in Europe. Because the law is likely to change with Brexit, we refer you to the NHS for more information on the current situation.

Before using private healthcare facilities abroad, make sure to speak to your travel insurance company or private health insurance to see if private health care in the respective country is covered and if advanced payment is needed.

Who is liable for my injury in the EU?

If you booked an individual holiday yourself, your claim will usually be made against the insurance company of the liable party, e.g. a hotel, a driver or a hospital. If you have booked a package holiday from the UK, your claim may be made against the tour operator or travel agent. Contact us for free legal advice and to establish your full legal position.

How much can I claim for an accident in the EU?

It completely depends on your injury and the impact it has on your life. If the injury was caused due to someone else's negligence, your claim for pain and suffering could be worth several thousands of pounds. For more information call us on freephone 0800 083 5045 or try our online personal injury claims calculator.

Our support centre
opening hours

  • Weekdays: 08:00 - 20:00
  • Saturdays: 09:00 - 17:00

Existing customer

If you would like to speak to us about your existing claim, contact us on

0800 083 5045

Are you ready to start your claim? Call us free on 0800 083 5045